New Bric: Read More for Blocs

Just for the truncated text, I added this class. I gave the tabs “my” as a name.

casey

Thanks, Casey! I managed to figure out how to enlarge the text.

Thanks Whittfield. I notice that only for the XS display, whenever I press and hold the text in the Read More bric, a light blue patch appears and covers the text now. Any idea why? See attachment.

That’s strange, it’s not something I’ve seen before. I don’t think those styles are coming from the bric but I’ll check it out.

Thanks Whittfield, I ended up reverting to a previous saved file and redid part of the website. It worked fine now. Thanks again for making the fabulous bric.

Still couldn’t figure out why there was that blue patch. Maybe I did something stupid or maybe there is indeed a bug.

Just bought the Read More bric (thanks for the discount @Whittfield).
But it bugs strongly as you can see in this screen movie.

When it first happened, I reset the custom bric, start again but it breaks again and systematically. Even after quitting Blocs and relaunch.

Anyone else got problem ?

Assuming you’re on 4.5.2 there is an issue with Blocs and custom Brics. Broken links are a hit and miss at the moment for me and others. My temporary solution for now :grin::

1 Like

:joy:
I’ll look around if I can roll back to 4.5.1 (with which I also had problem with custom brics!)

Hi @Jerry 1st saw what you have put. I am having an issue with a bric on 4.5.2 but had it a little on 4.5.1 but not as bad as the latest.
I take it @Norm is working away as we speak to fix this !

Jerry have you seen the weather in the UK!..we are getting the Sun but also comes with heatwave warnings!!..but no coconut tree for us :joy: our country is not used to this sunshine. Schools and sports clubs are closing early so the kids don’t get too hot and many of my friends are staying indoors !!!

You can’t :weary:

Let’s hope @Norm is watching this thread. These sound like bugs in Blocs. Only some user are experiencing this.

Hello Stewie_Griffin,
Has there ever been a solution to this? I also use this bric and also get these messages “Links are not crawlalbe”. Thanks in advance.

@LangheRob are you running the latest version of the bric? Otherwise it’s only the bric author who can fix this, contact them through their website.

I have version 1.3 of “Read more.” I assume that is the latest version because I have not received any notification from extension manager for an update.

Maybe there is someone else who uses the “bric” and also occasionally has their website analyzed by “PageSpeed Insights” and also gets this notification? Then if like me you either overlooked something or with little knowledge of how to fix this with code (maybe) you will see every time they can’t crawl the links and never get beyond 92 with SEO in “PageSpeed Insights”.

If the solution then can’t be found on this forum I just want to ask if there are others, besides Stewie_Griffin and myself who have gotten this message from “PageSpeed Insights”.

Translated with DeepL

You can see in what you posted the href links show nothing. Like I said, contact the developer of the bric.

The image you see is from “Stewie_Griffin” but I have the same thing. I am just curious if others have this as well and will wait and see. Later I will contact the developer Whittfield.

If I can’t figure something out or have overlooked something I always search the forum first. If I can’t find anything that offers a solution then only then will I ask a question on the forum and only then will I put it down to a developer. And I also know that this was not developed by Norm but by Whittfield. But there are often questions asked here that are not developed at “Blocs”.

I checked, as I have the bric also. You have the latest version. I have the same issue showing. I will DM you a couple of lines of code that will resolve it for now, until its addressed.

Thank you Pete. You solved it. Now I can use it in my website. The “read more” bric looks much better than what I had built with accordion.

1 Like

I have removed the empty href’s in version 1.4 which is out now.

It should be available through the extension manager or you can download from your Gumroad library.

1 Like

@Whittfield I just installed that update, along with the smartnav one yesterday. One odd part of these updates is that with other devs they seem to show up immediately or in few seconds, but your recent ones are taking minutes and it shows up as checking for updates the whole time until listed. Something seems wrong.