New Bric: Swiffy Carousel

A Brilliant Bric ! - loving it.

Whittfield - I have a few questions:

1. Can we have it so it loops from the last image to the 1st without it having to scroll through all the older images. I would like to do an autoplay to be a seamless loop not a re-wind?

2. Can I change the colour of the arrows and indicators so it matches my colour theme?

3. Sometimes when I change the settings when trying things, I loose all the images and have to remove the bric and re-apply it.

Love the bric ! Will be used a LOT! - but need point 1 to be a seamless loop for what I need it for. Thank you !

2 Likes

That’s great!

1. No, I’m sorry this is not possible. The no loop just stops when it reaches the end.

2. Not arrows are .svg so it would not be easy to do.

3. I’ll keep an eye out for this behavior. I haven’t seen it yet, but I’ll definitely check it out.

2 Likes

Thanks @Whittfield for the answers…

One last question ! I am getting a few crashes, but I am working in Bootstrap 5 (Just had it crash when playing around with it on BS4 too)…is this only for BS4!? I am only working in BS5, if so will this soon support BS5?

Thanks for your answers on my questions!

1 Like

Great job, Whittfield!

In light of what @AdieJAM asked you, I have a question… Is it that the “current version” of your Carousel lacks the ability to “loop instead of rewind,” or is it a technological limitation? I ask because I too prefer looping Carousels.

Having the ability to change the color of the arrows is an incredibly important feature too, so I would cast my vote for that in a future version, if it is possible for you to implement.

Keep up the great work!

–James

3 Likes

AT LAST!
Thanks for building this bric @Whittfield It’s a no brainier so many have been waiting/asking for.
I would be a +1 for the colour and styling options as imperative, and the seamless loop option as a basic feature (in that order in my eyes), and I would need to find time to play with it, but much kudos for making it.

2 Likes

As usual a super approach from @Whittfield :+1:
Purchased yesterday and played arround.
Hope it will grow a bit in near future as the styling options are indeed a bit rare.
Also I would love the option to duplicate an image-card once a proper design has been managed.

Anyhow, a super light weight approach - Bravo

It’s a technical limitation, Swiffy pretty much is what is. I honestly doubt I’ll be trying to make it do much more than it does right now.

1 Like

Good job. It’s nice but you can create slide with your tab anything,is right?

Absolutely!

The only thing is you can’t get a series of images or cards only one at a time.

1 Like

Ah ok - at least we know this will never be & if client wants it flowing seamlessly I will use the old carousel. But want to use swiffy as it’s a very slick bit of software!

I wonder if with code though it could be forced to flow from last to first. Hmmmm!

Understood. The reason I asked is because I use a Carousel in my site right now that has seamless looping (upper left), which is less jarring than rewind:

(Make sure your arrow pointer is not hovering over the carousel, or it will stop until you move the pointer away.)

Not disappointed - just should have been patient.
My need is more in a “card Carousel”.
Although I have a lot of trust in @Whittfield 's bricks, this time (and with these limited design options) I was hoping to get more out of 25$, especially now when I hear it is how it is and there will be no further improvements.
Not seeing the bric block in the siedebar is far away from being convenient.

The bric has tons of options, especially for $25 which I find really fair.

especially now when I hear it is how it is and there will be no further improvements.

I never said that. I said “much more” that means it’s already mature product. I have implemented every feature and then some.

Not seeing the bric block in the siedebar is far away from being convenient.

I have no idea what you mean when you say this.

…to leave a note like this I feel you’re trying to sabotage me. There is not much money in making brics and I have raised the bar tremendously for what to expect. I have offered a good product a very fair price.

8 Likes

I have my opinion, you have yours.
There’s nothing wrong with that, and it’s far from sabotage.

Brick containers don’t support column blocs. That’s still on Norms “to do” list.

1 Like

Just purchased . . . Thanks @Whittfield for your continued support of Blocs users with your many useful brics!

pruthe

2 Likes

Thanks and you’re very welcome!

Already purchased…you saved my a$$ with this Bric.
Thanks

Rich the Weather Guy

Glad you found it useful!

Hey @Whittfield, I bought this today to solve a specific task, but I think I have come across a limitation of the Bric Container. I tried to add a 2 column row to the Bric Container, with an image in one column and text in the other. By adding an image inside the Bric Container, Swiffy thinks it’s an extra image in the Carousel. Is there a work-around for adding an image to the Bric Container, or is it possible to have a 2 column layout inside a slide?

Thanks!
Andy