New Bric: Tab Anything

Yes, I like the new layout also. Just wish I had two more buttons. (I didn’t say that).

The space between 2 and 3 must be a small bug, all the images, settings are the same?

Casey

1 Like

This is great @casey1823 really, thanks for sharing. Yup, there is a tiny critter in the code, I’ve identified and will fix it up for tomorrow. If I started it right now I’d probably break more than I fix. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

yes but I cannot make an “All” tab with this method. having an All tab is a pre requisite for many projects. Is there a solution ?

What do you mean by “all” tab?

When you have a situation like this

Almost all product or gallery grids have a filter to isolate certain things by for example colour or size, plus an “all” tab to show everything visible.

That’s a completely different project. That’s called a filter and it’s already being cobbled. I promise it will be feature rich and nice to look at.

Pity. I bought it based on your message that it would do that.

I guess I didn’t consider that you would have to duplicate you content for the last tab or what you call “all”.

Other than that, with the absence of a filter I think this is a pretty decent use of the tool. after all, you only wanted two categories.

As I mentioned I am making a filter. it’s not the same at all and I think you’ll find them both very powerful and useful.

P.S. I’m sending you a direct message now.

Tab Anything has been updated to 1.1

This update addresses a bug that prevented links inside the target elements from working.

Get the update here.

If you aren’t sure about your credentials, simply reset your password using the email address you made the purchase with.

1 Like

@AdieJAM

Just a heads up, there wasn’t a bug after all. I couldn’t reproduce the spacing issue at all. But now it is no longer an issue for @casey1823

by the way Casey I loved reading your blog. Those “birds in flight” photos :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m retired but still have a small website business that I like doing. Mostly small businesses that I have a personal relationship with. I been a photographer for a long time and enjoy doing my blog.

I live in your neighboring state Michigan. Yes, those birds in flight are cool and challenge to photograph.

Thank you for all you’re doing to help Blocs to be better. I hope you can make a few dollars also.

Casey

2 Likes

Just purchased…great bric, the possibilities are endless… :+1:

1 Like

Just purchased aswell. Keep making these great extensions Whittfield!!

1 Like

Hi @Whittfield.
Some due date for a filter Bric.
I have a project in development that could use that Bric very well.
I’m sending you a big coffee to speed up the departure of that Bric.

Thank you.

1 Like

I am just about to start on a website for a 3D animator and thought of using Tab Anything to showcase the portfolio images. In some cases there would be something like 20 large images, so I am a little concerned about page loading speed and wondered how these are loaded on the page?

In an ideal world I guess the first tab should load instantly as the page opens without causing undue delay and then have the others load invisibly in the background.

How big are you going to make the images?

I’d lay the load speed on your client. Just be upfront that it will effect the page load speed.

Sounds like a fun project…

Casey

I still have to start on this but I’m thinking the images could be something like 1500x1000 each on desktop and possibly an opportunity to combine with the media enquiry bric to load smaller versions on mobile.

Yes I’m looking forward to this one, because it’s an opportunity for strong visuals, clean layout and nice use of fonts. It’s a good potential site to showcase for the portfolio.

1 Like

In the meantime, I’m not sure about your exact needs, but there is a new Filter Mode feature in Tab Anything. It’s not the same method used in the filter bric at all, but it does provide a way now to achieve do something useful I think.

There is still a chance that you have the need for “real” filtering though. If you are needing items to appear in more than one group you’ll need to include that item in both groups. This is why feel the need to continue development on a true filter system with a some nice surprises.

1 Like

Thanks @Whittfield for your answer.
The web that I am developing is for a home renovation company and there are many projects to show and each one with many images, so a filter of this type is very practical (see link): http://www.castlecodeweb.com/mediaboxes/example/shop.html (thanks @pjmc for your example) . I’ll wait for the arrival of your BRIC FILTERS.
Like the rest of his work, I’m sure it will be a great Bric.

Hey @Flashman,

Yes, those images would affect your page’s load speed. By adding support for 25 buttons, I did consider people will be tempted to make heavy pages. Regardless of the file sizes, it’s still a lot of server requests.

So it is on my radar is all I can say right now.

EDIT: oh, I also want to point out that this isn’t the only use case I would like to address. And while I don’t promise all use cases will be addressed by this one product, I’m keen to continue growing scope for Tab Anything just a bit.