New Feature Vote - Help us

Just as I suspected there are many variables to this. I’m assuming that eventually css grid will come, Norm is asking about priority.

Personally I’d deprioritize both in favor of SFTP but that’s just me.

5 Likes

SFTP doesnt bother me, as I have an excellent workflow already with ForkLift, (already automated).

Taking layouts to the next level is pretty important for an app like Blocs.

But no doubt we all have “the feature” we want :smile:

I’m don’t mean for my workfow, I mean to attract new users to Blocs.

The SFTP functionality in the iPad version is already looking very good :+1:

2 Likes

I am pretty sure I’ll be sticking with Forklift as well. I’m happy to try this in Blocs but thinking about keeping things on the server clean. There are items you want cleaned up when updating and other items you want excluded from any changes. My memories of Rapidweaver FTP make me wary of this.

It may be, but it has some issues. It’s not a accurate preview.

1 Like

I plan to get an iPad soon and start testing. I’m can’t wait to contribute!

5 Likes

I’ll go for CSS grid. Improved preview would also be great but…

There are a few options for site previews in/out of Blocs. However, there is no option to easily use CSS grid in Blocs so why not add it as a new feature to allow some very interesting designs to be more easily made?

Exactly.
If I could see what it does for me in my workflow I probably would go for it.

I already have Solis, not sure why not just keep it standalone.:sweat_smile:
CSS grid would be cool. :sweat_smile:
(And SMTP forms :wink: )

I could see this method becoming far more useful than the way bootstrap has implemented CSSGrid. Thank you!

You’re in for a treat :sunglasses:

1 Like

I hope so. The Bootstrap 5.2 CSS Grid seems to be an odd beast and a compromise or perhaps stepping stone to what may be coming.

I think what might work, would be a new div Structure Bloc defined as a Grid (parent) with some (new to Blocs) way to add additional Grid items (or child) containers. Each Grid Item could then have the normal way to add Brics.

The Grid container could have a drop down selection of pre configured templates such as 2 Col 50/50, 2 Col 30/70, 3 Col 25/25/50, etc., as well as an additional way to define your own template. Same for the Rows but with an auto as the default. Most users could select a drop down layout for ease of use.

Then the whole grid could use the same breakpoints for both parent and childs and some way to define up to 4 BP’s. The above col and row would need a way to define each col, row and item gap. One of the best features of a CSS Grid layout is to be able to adjust the BP’s to squeeze the most content into a layout yet still maintain a compact layout.

Then in the Childs settings, a default of auto but an option to select a way to define a custom position in the grid, span and z-index. Flexbox options for positioning Brics in the grid item as well as BG selection, padding, borders, rounding and shadow would complete a powerful system.

CSS Grid is the way to go!!!

I see that CSS grid as almost double votes compare to Solis previewing.

Although I don’t know what other features are in dev for next major update, I’m still missing opening more than one project and copy-paste in between projects.

Well, if that is at all possible. As a web developer, we have always more than one website open or different version of the same website.

An FTP engine would be helpful. That’s upload changes on save.

I should probably have posted this on another thread. Sorry guys.

3 Likes

I agree. A roadmap would be useful. :slight_smile:

There are other apps such as the free

DevTool for all Front-End developers

…and it is open-source too! :tada:

I am sorry, but I don’t agree.

First, you can use the FREE https://responsively.app/

Second, Flex and CSS Grid are different.
They are essential tools for website building as @webdeersign explains. While you can use the W3Schools, I prefer:

I don’t understand what you mean, Whitfield, when you say, “the true magic is in hand coding” because Flex & CSS-Grid is hand-coding. It allows any kind of design you desire.

Third, if I wanted cut-and-paste, I wouldn’t buy Brics. There are many online apps where you simply take a section, drop it in and “Bob’s your uncle” - a website in 30 minutes!

I don’t want Brics to be “dumbed-down”. I think you may be disparaging “the average user”. Who is the “average user”? It’s a wonderful opportunity to learn how to design a beautiful website.

I am.
Have a nice weekend.

1 Like

You will love Blocs on iPad.

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like