No preview in Blocs5

When starting Blocs I got the message that port 8080 is in use. When previewing just a white screen…
Changed port to 8081 (and 8008), do not work.

[Error] ReferenceError: Can’t find variable: $
Globale code
[Error] Failed to load resource: No connection with the server. (http://localhost:8081/?578)

Checked the ports in use:
php 2403 wim 5u IPv6 0x28ac6df4300c6c25 0t0 TCP localhost:8080 (LISTEN)

(I use PHP pages instead of HTML because of Volt cms)

How can I solve this, please?

What if you remove latest ?xxx from the address?

I can’t; it is an error message from the used browser, i guess.

In the white, empty screen I see in the left top corner three dots, and when I click on it, I see this error

Have you tried restarting your Mac?

Yes, restarted. Also disabled as much as possible login items on my Mac. In Blocs prefs tried three browsers.
When I open a template, everything works fine; even changing pages from html to php no problem.

Where is http://localhost:8081/?578 referencing to?

Maybe an indication: when I open a new website I see a preview. When I close that website and open my problem site, and preview, I see the preview of the just closed site!
Checked with four browsers in the prefs, with both port 8080 and 8081.
After reopening Blocs (no port warning!), again the empty preview.
When I change the page type to HTML, I have a preview! And Volt CMS works also in preview mode…

Any solution???

I bring that up again.
It seems impossible to preview a php site in Blocs 5.0.5 on localhost8080.
No issues with html, only php.
For me it’s a bug.

It’s OK with Blocs 5.0.6-b1.

Not working here for me, I’ve tried over 15 different random ports, and just cannot get it working… 5.0.6 using HTML

Just says failed to load resource: could not connect to the server

EDIT: I just downloads Blocs 4.5.3, created a quick new project and worked flawlessly. Tried it on 5.0.6 and it also worked flawlessly.

It turns out the issue was to do with Volt CMS, I have removed it for now but something for @Jannis and @Norm to look at.

Nope, I don’t see any relevance with Volt CMS, more that your pages might become PHP pages automatically.

Once I deleted the Volt Core bloc, and the Volt attachments were removed from project settings, it started working.

I don’t have any other customer complaints regarding this, so it’s related to your environment and the PHP server not being able to start.

1 Like