Parallax-Settings in Blocs4 ?! - Solved

@Norm, a copy of the blocs website as a project? Yes please. Can you show me please where I can find it?

I’ll put it on the Blocs.Store once the launch dust has settled.

1 Like

Revealing the secrets behind bloc-7 would just be more than enough :wink:

2 Likes

I would like to have a copy, too. :slight_smile:

Hi @Norm

Are you still planning to release it on the Blocs store ?

Thanks
MDS

Hi, Norm have you posted the sample template for the parallax Issue.

Being that some folks, including myself, were intrigued by the parallax effect Norm created in the new Blocs site, and since Norm is also quite busy finishing up the next Blocs update release, I went ahead and tried to recreate that particular effect in Blocs. Looking over the code, not sure if what I did is exactly what Norm did in Blocs, I think it came close enough.

My apologies Norm, I know you said you would post it but I really wanted to figure this out - and thought I’d share it. Hope you don’t mind. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Btw… the attached file is not the entire site, just that particular block along with a couple of default structural blocks so you can scroll and see the effect.

parallax_cards.bloc (663.7 KB)

4 Likes

Good morning, good afternoon or good evening,
@MiguelR Thank you so much for sharing this. However, it is for my next step but I am glad to have this in advance to delve into it.
I am now to the point where I can use the “new” parallax. By the “new” I mean that the background image moves slightly with the rest of the page. So not completely fixed. What I want is for a different breakpoint to use a different sized background image so that a mobile does not have to load the large background image that is also used for the desktop. I was able to do this in Blocs 3. When I do this in Blocs 4 the background image scrolls with the rest of the page. There is something I am doing wrong or forgot to set. Can someone help me how to do this?
Thanks in advance,
Robert

2 Likes

For those still interested I see @Eldar put up a nice video.

3 Likes

Hello everybody! Same here…

In my opinion, unless it is possible to resolve by creating a custom class, it turns out to be a loss for us.

The fact that the background moves when scrolling is not bad, but it could be an optional function (with adjustable speed and positions for example).

The problem is that the images do not fall centred on each other as they used to, and then we ended up being limited, losing a function that had enormous visual potential.

1 Like

Hello vandieck,
this is not the most practical way to solve it, but it seems to be a good solution.

Yes, a loss compared to v3, seems like a bug which I also hope will be solved soon. I stopped editing the new website today because of this. So I went back to v3, and the old website again…

Hi Joakim @Himmelstrutz

I have just tried out the latest beta and the parallax seems to have been fixed, at least with my projects. Before I could not use any of the attributes such as center, repeat etc… and now it is working.

It is a gain vs V3 as it is working on mobile devices.

But perhaps your issue is different…

Cheers,
MDS

Thanks MDS! Happy by your message just tested 4.2 beta 7: - YouTube

Hi Joakim @Himmelstrutz

After watching the video I realise we do not share the same issue.

However, you should look at this which should resolve your issue:

and this:

Cheers,
MDS

Thanks I tried that but probably did it wrong and gave up. It’s good enough too me for now to use the old website made in Blocs3, it has to be totally remade to work in Blocs4 (to be saved in Blocs4) and it’s very time consuming…Btw, is there a video available showing this very simple thing Norm mentioning here?

Hi I am not aware of a video but it may exist.

If you wish you can DM me your file and I can try to get it working for you.

Cheers
MDS

Interesting, thanks, all done, let’s see hows going…

For anyone reading this please be aware that the original parallax as found in Blocs 3 can still be replicated in Blocs 4 as per the below support documentation:

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/classic-parallax/

This maybe useful when migrating let’s say a large site from Blocs 3 to Blocs 4. However, the classic parallax will not function on mobile devices.

MDS

2 Likes

Wow, thanks to patient/detailed help from MDS it now works – thanks!

1 Like