PulseCMS

@pulsecms @Norm So I am looking a little closer at the code of the website I built. I didn’t catch this at first. The website code is all in the “title” tag, and not after the “body” tag, no wonder it is loading a blank page… there is no code there…

I’m going to log this as a “bug” report as well

Screenshot attached

Hi @Raimo
I also have a little bit trouble…
I don’t know if that helps, but…
Do you have inside of blocks in the page settings a site description ?
If it is so leave the field blank and do the description later in the pulse dashboard. In your jpg I see there is no description… blocs or Pulse have problems with this. So leave the field empty and do an export. Go to your pulse site in the dashboard and insert a description and also click the button that you wish the site was“follow“ ( I also see that you have noindex; follow ) and than click save …
I don’t know if that helps … my problem were solved on this way …
All the best
Tom

@tom2 Thanks, gave me an idea. Nothing I do on the Blocs 3 side seems to help, but if I go into the Pulse 5 side and open the pages one at a time, and move all the code from the “meta -> Page Title” and paste it into the proper place below, at least I can get the pages working

Has anyone heard from Blocs on this or found a solution?

I opened a bug report with @Norm and hopefully they can track down the issue. I love Pulse, and if we can get it working properly here, would gladly leave Rapidweaver behind…

@Norm Okay, been playing with it, and at least I can get the test site to load now using @tom2 suggestions

• make sure there is both a “Page Name” and “SEO Title” for every page in your Blocs 3 project

And in the Pulse 5 Project “export” settings

• “unclick” Minify HTML
  • “unclick” Minify Main CSS
  • “unclick” Enable Lazy Loading

So at least the exported files now work with Pulse 5

I also figured out how to add Pulse compatible “Blocks” that can be nested in folders

• don’t use the Blocs 3 “Pulse Bric”
  • instead use a “HTML Widget” and put in the regular Pulse tags for your blocks {{block:folder-name/block-name}} example {{block:home-page/main-content}} that way you can organize your editable areas into “folders” in the Pulse dashboard, makes finding them far easier… you will have to create the folder and editable area through the Pulse dashboard though
  • AND this seems like it will also embed whatever other Pulse tags you want. I tried it with a Pulse {{masonry:galname}} “tag” and inderneath it, a {{justforms}} “tag” (Pulse 5’s advanced form builder) on this test page

Now what still doesn’t work is the “on-screen editor”, no little pink boxes… Something else is still getting over-ridden when exporting the Pulse 5 project out of Blocs 3.

One other note - by using “Pulse Tags” inside of HTML Widgets instead of “Pulse Brics” - all content editing is done through the Pulse 5 Dashboard (and hopefully, if we can get it working, the “in-line editor” which is sweet for the clients!)

• When you upload any page changes from Blocs to your Pulse install, you only need to upload the “Template” folder, and the “Pages” folder inside the “Content” folder. That way you never worry about wiping out any changes that were made by you, or your client.

I have posted this over on the Pulse CMS forums as well

1 Like

Hey folks our office re-opened yesterday after the holidays. I’m currently working my way through tickets and rolling all fixes into the Blocs V3.1.0 beta, which will be available early next week.

Sorry for the longer than normal delay on this one, and thank you for logging tickets as well as this discussion :+1:

2 Likes

Has anyone already tested a Bric form with Pulse 5.2.2? Unfortunately, this does not work for me.

@Raimo Thanks for the work and sharing your results. It would be really nice to have this solved.

casey

1 Like

Ok, the minify issue is caused specifically by the minify HTML option, all my tests with the other options have no effect but minify HTML does indeed break the template.

This is because Pulse requires the first two lines of the page template docs to be separate lines.

Blocs 3.1 (beta next week) now handles this so it wont be an issue going forward.

Thank you for taking the time to report and dig in to find the cause, it was a real time saver.

:pray:

4 Likes

We are close now to a perfect Pulse 5/Blocs 3 integration! My first Blocs/Pulse site is live, using one of @Eldar templates as I learn Blocs. Link here

• every picture, all the text is editable from within Pulse 5
  • the "Photo Gallery" page is a free Pulse Plugin "Justified Gallery’ making it easy for the client to add/change photos

Now all we need to make it perfect:

• Pulse “In-line” editor isn’t working with Blocs projects - I believe Michael over at @pulsecms has been collaborating with you on the fix here
  • and a way to reference “Pulse Blocks” that are in folders, without having to use “Pulse tags”

Thanks for your hard work @Norm! It is appreciated!

3 Likes

Thanks for this update @raimo. This is all very useful information.
Good to know that integration between these two products has become more stable again :+1:t2:

Hello, thank you for the upgrade of Blocs 3.1 but it seems that the integration of the new Blocs 3.1 does not work yet with Pulse CMS 5.2.2.

I end up with the same problems as @Raimo 8 weeks ago (see above in the discussion).

• I exported as a Pulse 5 template and checked (and unchecked later) the Minify boxes thing.

• I replaced the Template and Content folder into the Pulse CMS folder.

• I uploaded the Pulse CMS folder and launched the “installer” (my server meets all the requirements).

• The administration interface of the admin seems to work.

• But the links in the menu and the links to the images do not work(link)

I bought a version of Blocs3 and PulseCMS and it seems that this system has not been proven yet ! And I sold a CMS solution for my client for his site and I am very annoyed to have chosen this solution. Too bad because with Solis it’s very nice to design websites with Blocks. I think I will have to change…

A question :

• I read on the forum that older versions of Blocs seemed to work better with old version of Pulse. Can we downgrade Blocs ??? Knowing that I will have to redo the whole site with a older version…

Thanx !

@Norm @pulsecms The path to the images isn’t working when you use a sub-domain… Blocs doesn’t seem to be picking this up

For example:

@pixelrouge Have you reported this bug here?

I always use Pulse to edit my images, so the client can upload/change them, which is why I didn’t run into this issue. Maybe if you “warehouse” the image instead in Blocs (link it directly to the file on the server), this won’t happen either. I put all the website images in the “media” folder in Pulse and you can use “sub-folders” to make it easier to organize/find the images.

2 Likes

I’ll take a look.

We just fixed a bunch of issues in 3.1.0 but looking at your site its as if Pulse is not set up correctly. Maybe @pulsecms can help.

Dont worry we will both try to get this working for you :+1:

2 Likes

Pulse is setup right. The img folder Blocs generates for Pulse 5 won’t work if you are using a sub-domain… the path generated is wrong. I just tested this myself. The work around is warehouse all images and link directly to them.

1 Like

Sorry I was talking to the other guy with the missing images :flushed:

@Norm that is the problem @pixelrouge is having - he is using a subdomain. The links I used in a post above go to his website.

I am not having that problem, because I warehouse images, just trying to help him out.

2 Likes

When creating a CMS project from Blocs 3.1 and PulseCMS 5.2.2, I noticed that the meta description is not displayed or written to the project. The field remains empty.

Also the page language is not included, in the html-day is not specified

I hope you can help me.