Silence in the Forum

I’m also using Affinity Photo, Image Optim and ImageAlpha (for PNG’s) for great results. But what caught my interest was the fast resize feature, of course I could do this also in Affinity Photo (with Macros), but in this App this looks really easy and fast. Maybe i should also try this one.

Affinity Photo 2 cannot be far away I would hope and that will likely include support for both AVIF and WebP. I still have old CS versions of Lightroom and Photoshop installed on the old Mac Pro and hoping that Photo 2 will allow me to finally drop them completely. So far I have managed to avoid the subscription route.

Yes, I’m also really excited to see what’s new for the Affinity Programs (in Version 2).

I too noticed a slow down in activity in the forum too - I do think lots of the regulars have had work on, which still using Blocs though ! but busy on their own projects.

I have not been on hardly in 2 weeks due to my events work getting busy, but I am going to be honest and considering moving into the website work a lot lot more - with the website work I had some structure in my life and had family time - recently I have been back to working 18-20hrs a day and sleeping for only 3hrs while event work has been full on. I am eating awful food while on the go and do not feel safe around crowds while covid is so high again in the UK.

I have some major decisions to consider.

I just looked after a few events for Ferrari for the new launch of their hybrid model.

Sounds like web work to me :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi @KBConcepts. You might be able to help me on this one:

It’s summer-time here in New England, USA.
I am out in my canoe on most days… :grinning:

2 Likes

Can it be because all goes so slow here, so everything falls asleep & then dies? How long can “search/replace”, for example, take? Then the rest…

@Himmelstrutz pretty sure Norm answered your question regarding search / replace. The work involved makes it a major release feature, so if it made the list, the earliest would be Blocs 5.

4 Likes

Hold on. It’s just vacation time :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Understatement of the year.

1 Like

I am more of a reader than a writer on the forum.
At the moment I try to work only in the mornings and do something with my family in the afternoons. I’m working on three web projects at the moment, but my clients are a bit slack with delivering material.
Squash looks interesting, thanks for the tip! A few days ago I was faced with the task of compressing 200 images, bringing them to the same size and reducing the amount of data. For this I got the tool Image resizer Tech, it is cheap, seems to work well and saves a lot of time anyway.
Have a good time!

1 Like

Yikes! It’s the summer!

During the summer, I always spend less time online in general and more time outside with my family.

I think many do the same, during the summer months.

Still a great deal coming from us before the end of 2021 :sunglasses:

8 Likes

It’s winter over here though. Struggling to get through it with temperatures of “only” 28 degrees :grinning::palm_tree::desert_island::sunny:

2 Likes

Freezing cold here in NZ! Nice polar blast from the South Pole :snowman:

4 Likes

Same here ! and with the run of freak heat waves we have had in the UK… ! LOL its great to be outside enjoying the hot weather !!!

Family time for me in the next 2 weeks now also - off to the beach for some fun in the sun!

1 Like

I was surf casting on a beach in Maine last week. Going back in a couple of weeks. Enjoy the sun and sand with your family…I did!

Rich

My apologies, guys, I just made a little joke to make us more friendly and smiling.

1 Like

Call that a winter!!

1 Like

That’s called summer here :smile:

1 Like