Swiper 2.0 Released

@Lucas

I’m re-starting a project from early this year which use Swiper 2 and would like to migrate the project to Bootstrap 5.
Is Swiper 2 is compatible with Bootstrap 5 ?

I have yet to use this on a website but in a quick test with BS5 it seemed to be OK. Some kind of official confirmation would be useful, but why not convert the project to BS5, then save it with a new name to test it directly? That way your original remains untouched and I do this as standard on project migrations.

3 Likes

Not bought swiper yet, I’d love to see more examples and on the recent blocs versions too.

Looks like a great bric, I’d love to be able to add a bric bang in the middle! And have the slider loop.

In a B5 project, you’re only able to add custom brics, which are compatible with B5. That’s a setting the bric developer is able to made in the brics.

I think when migrating a project to B5, you’ll get a warning if you’re using a B4 only bric. But I am not 100% sure about that.

In the case of Swiper 2 I tried it just now with a fresh project created in BS5. The bric has the yellow exclamation warning, but I am able to add it to the project and it seems to work that same as in BS4. Perhaps @Lucas could clarify the situation?

1 Like

As Jannis said, the developer sets the flag for compatibility. Which is a rather recent thing with the Bric Builder, so if the last update was before that feature was added, it defaults to a warning. It doesn’t mean it won’t work.

3 Likes

Is it maybe time for developers to release updates to confirm BS5 compatibility if there are no issues? Setting a flag for compatibility doesn’t sound like a huge job if no other changes are required.

1 Like

No issues with BS5, just tested on Blocs 4.0.0-b4. As @PeteSharp said the flag is just a warning, but the bric works without issues.

1 Like

That’s good to hear, perhaps you could release a simple update so the warning flag is removed if there are no issues.

1 Like