Vertical margin adjustment no longer works in 3.2.1

I’m having the same issues here with the ability to visually adjust the top and bottom margin of an element utilizing the “Shift Key” in the 3.2.1 version. When I open one of Eldar Gezalov templates the “Shift Key” feature work for the first 5 minutes and then not at afterwards. No “Sticky or Broken Keys” here.

Had you edited text content at any point?

Hi Norm, I would edit a text then the Shift Key Feature would not longer work.

1 Like

I tried this.
No issues. Maybe I do something wrong :wink:

@Norm I have the same issue.

1 Like

@Norm I’ve the same issue. After restartin Blocs the issue disappear but if I edit some text I’m not able to show the handles for adjusting the margins. :-/

1 Like

Just select another item on the page, then back to that item.

I’ve made a few refinements to this in 3.2.2 hitting escape will exit text input mode so you can access freehand margin controls again.

I’m having a very strange problem where the navigation source is set to none, but I am unable to set a custom colour in the normal state, yet it works in hover. While in normal it is adopting the colour chosen in project settings.

I finally made it.
Now I have that issue too.

Sounds like the project settings class is overriding it. Colours assigned by classes always overide global swatches.

You can see a video here Monosnap

I was able to fix this by clearing the colour selection inside project settings. The custom classes on those navigation links then worked. I thought the custom classes should automatically override what is set inside project settings for text colours when the source is set to none.

@Norm, When I close the entire project and Blocs App and restart-it the “Shift Controls” work fine again. It’s the moment when I have have to edit something and press “Shift Control” it just becomes non-functional. I’ve tried clicking other Blocs/Brics with the “Shift Controls” to no avail. So to get things done I have to save it, close it, and re-open the project every time I need to make the bottom & top adjustments on anything. Now I just lay my content, images and make my vertical adjustments at the very end when everything is laid out which is extremely time consuming. Which leaves me going through a series of…:confounded::sob::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sob::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::pensive::sob: all over again.

1 Like

Having the problem of vertical adjustment handles not being available after I select a color, have to close Blocs and restart to get them back…

Having the same problem with adjustment handles. Home page has two blocks with a couple of columns and some icons. I could select all of them in any order. Moved the H1 tag up and down everything was ok.
I selected another page, could select H tag and a couple of columns - then the handles were not visible.
No matter what page or element it would not be visible. Pressing the esc key did solve the problem.

I have to restart blocs and it will work once again for a short time.

I am also getting the error message logging into the forum.

Using 3.2.1

1 Like

@etdronehome try updating to the 3.2.2 Build 2 verison and let me know if you still having the same issue. @Norm is looking into it on his end as I’m still having issues with the Freehand Margin Controls even with the 3.2.2 Build 2 version. I’m trying to figure out if it’s my computer that is the issue… But in the meantime, I gotta go back to my trusty Rapid Weaver to meet my clients deadline. I hope this gets resolved with me real soon as I still have high hope to replacing the older platform as the Freehand Margin Controls is a total game changer for me.

Folks I found a way to lock the freehand mode by holding keys down and then selecting another none Blocs window, the type of scenario probably used for copying and pasting in text etc.

Anyway I’ve patched this and it will be included in Mondays release.

5 Likes

That’s good news. I’ve still seen this a couple of times with 3.2.2 b2.

1 Like

@Norm, any success yet fixing the issue of Blocs holding onto the last element and wanting to place it? (it’s essentially doing a cut/paste which Blocs doesn’t yet even support which is very odd) I have to quit and relaunch Blocs about every 5 minutes because Blocs does this repeatedly.

@Dbella

I checked for Blocs updates via the check for updates menu and 3.2.1 is list as the most current. Is this 3.2.2 a beta or an official release.

Rich