Volt CMS Update 1.9.2

@Jannis Hello Jannis, another Volt question:
Is it possible for Volt CMS password-protected pages to be made available to only a certain group of website visitors via login (generated username and password), so that this certain group can visit these protected pages, but can’t edit anything. Or does only the 5 possible admins have access to these protected pages?

Currently, there is only the possibility to add 5 users. Later on, I will add the possibility to add users also with a web based form.

Users (username/password combinations) can have also groups assigned. Each user protected page can either be restricted to logged in users, or in addition to users with a certain group assignment.

In addition to that, you can optionally configure who is allowed to edit (all) pages (by a group assignment). With this, you can have protected pages for “members” and protected pages for “editors” or “admins” able to edit this content.

4 Likes
  • New 6 column blog and recent posts layout
  • New carousel interval setting
  • Improved MAMP local server support
  • Fix editor language initialisation in some occurrences
  • Fix right align text in Bootstrap 5
  • Fix Disqus comments per blog post
9 Likes

Thak You, will it update in Blocs app or do you have to redownload it in Paddle?

Casey

For you, as you’ve got a beta version before, please download from my.paddle.com and reinstall all brics. All others:

2 Likes

Thank you!
Casey

1 Like

Smooth update to 1.7 via the extension manager.

1 Like

Things went well, it shows the new version. I don’t see the new layout you mentioned?

Casey

Not at my Mac right now.

Inside the blog bric, there should be a option like “6 column” beside the already existing ones.

If it still shows the recent ones, maybe you have to remove the blog bric from the page an add it again.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 12.46.12

Hi @Jannis great work !
can you give me some info on the Carousel update please?

Inside the Volt Gallery Bric, you should have now a setting for Carousel Interval in seconds for defining how fast the images should slide.

3 Likes

Hi @Jannis - do you have an updated video of the latest version of Volt CMS?

2 Likes

I am planning this for the upcoming week.

4 Likes

Brilliant - look forward to seeing this. Love how Volt CMS is growing.

3 Likes

Just updates all my sites with the 1.7 update of Volt CMS.
Updating the brics inside Blocs: Perfect no problem!
Updating of the sites I have: No problem.
I believe in German they say: ‘Reibungslos’ (Smoothly) :slight_smile:
Thanks Jannis @Jannis great job… again!

3 Likes

Update 1.8 is published. It allows you to add a gallery inside blog posts.

Therefore, first perform an in-app update to 1.8.
Afterwards, re-download the whole Volt CMS content from my.paddle.com. Inside the download content, you’ll find a new Volt Blog Editor Gallery Bloc, which you have to install. Replace the original Volt Blog Editor modal windows with the new one.

Thanks @RME for the feature request.

14 Likes

This is an amazing feature @Jannis! Just what I have been looking for. Thank-you :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Volt CMS Core 1.8.3 is out, fixing a small CSS inconsistency with centered text.

This version also includes a fix for image uploads not having the correct permissions and allowing YouTube videos playing in fullscreen.

4 Likes

Every time I read there is an update for Volt I hear the theme tune for Superman. Surely a coincidence.

1 Like