What is wrong with this app

Hey @anon34927337,

I’m very sorry you are still encountering the problem with saving. As you may have read, it’s not a problem that effects everyone, this is what makes it very hard to track down, so thats what I continue todo with those that encounter the issue (track it down to find the cause).

The previous fixes have improved various aspects, but what you have to understand is every time Apple issue a new version of MacOS it has potential to break any app, when that happens developers have to issue updates and Blocs works on various versions of MacOS, so you can start to see the complexity of the situation.

What I know so far, is that the issue appears to be related to those that are running the latest version of Catalina and it’s common for the issue to crop up after the Mac has been put to sleep and re-opened with Blocs still running after a period of time.

Restarting Blocs fixes it, and right clicking finder and relaunching the finder may also fix the issue.

These is also the possibility that this issue is an OS level bug.

Finally, I’m not racing to bring Blocs v4 out.

2 Likes

@pumpkin

I will advice you to keep your advice to your self I am the now who lost whole days progress and haven’t been able to save any progress since then

I am the one who have issue with this app and I decide to learn and comment how I feel and my experience what is your issue my tone does express my frustration of using this app and the issues

do you have an issue with me expressing the issues I have with this an app?

@Norm

this issue is still happening and even when I use the save as and replace the older files when reopen the progress is still not there

there are billions of apps out there built on Macos and you blaming others for your application bug is really disappointing

I feel it is useless to look for an honest answer or fix this, I will simply just let it go.

have a good day bye

You are not listening, Im trying to explain why there are multiple fixes.

Im trying to help you.

Let’s try a few things and see if we can get it working, now.

2 Likes

Do you still have Blocs open?

And is it not saving?

@Norm

problem here is trust and reliability you just unlist the post that you don’t like.

I can’t imagine the issues other users face just to post their issues.

this is not an honest open forum you can control this but you cannot control other review platforms

my opinion of your app and company is based on my use of the app

if it is negative it is negative

try to be reasonable and open to criticism

I am not the first one who mention this error

why would you enlist this post and how many more have you already did

it show that we as users might not know even half the issues out there

really terrible experience not what one can expect from honest trustworthy company

1 Like

thanks for listing it again

there is no shame if there are any errors

more people share more we can learn and fix.

1 Like

I unlisted it because I thought it was descending into you bickering with other users. I want to fix the problem and its getting side tracked.

Un-listing it was better than closing it.

I actually very rarely un-list posts because I spend a lot of time responding and working on bug tickets so Im not in the forum as much as I would like.

You also posted on every other save thread on the forum, and I left them all active.

I also responded to your bug ticket.

Anyway, I’ve re-listed the post again.

I do not understand what is the problem if I comment on old posts

I search and found many relevant issues

I comment and express my experience and ask those users how they fix it or if they just left the blocsapp

what’s the problem with this?

Anyway to get back to the point!

Do you still have Blocs open and is it still refusing to save?

app is not refusing to save it does save but when I close the app and reopen the progress/changes made are not there

Are you working on a laptop?

1 Like

There is no problem, I was simply highlighting the fact you posted the same comments on every post you could find I assume in an attempt to get attention. Which you would also get from simply filing a bug report.

Do you leave Blocs open when the Mac goes to sleep?

Mac never go to sleep

You are right. I’ll keep my advices to myself. Not because you say so, but because I’m not going to waste my time and energy. I hope you get the issue solved.

1 Like

So you completely switch it off when you dont work with it? Every day you boot the iMac up to work on it?