What is wrong with this app

Well I spoke to soon. The problematic file is now saving for @anon34927337 just fine :exploding_head:

Hopefully it comes back during testing of the private version.

Care to let us in on the solution - or is it still under wraps!!!

There is no solution, renaming the file and saving fixed both the original and the new version so saves can be carried out on both. But when you save As nothing is written to the original file so it’s almost like the file system corrected the privileges for that HD directory or something.

I’ll keep testing but its driving me crazy as it is like trying to find a ghost.

2 Likes

Stick with it - I’m sure all will become clearer as time goes on - at least we have a temporary fix to recommend to others who may be experiencing the issue - great work - and so much patience!!

1 Like

It has been two years since I have an error like that, but what I experienced in that time was that when you gave it save many times in a row it would crash, maybe that can cause an error, I don’t know, it’s something I remember!

Outside of that blocsapp works wonders.

1 Like

Last week I powered up my Mac and all my blocs files were gone!

I’ll go on to say that my blocs files were nowhere to be seen, but also no other documents were to be seen - all project files lost, all documents lost.

Norm was entirely innocent, they were on an icloud connected directory and macos had decided those directories were no longer linked to icloud.

Thank god everything came back. That’s never happened to me before.

One other thing. In the past I had a mac with a smaller drive 500GB and was always close to filling it up. When it was near full you could get all kinds of weird behaviour that I no longer see since I now have a 1TB drive.

2 Likes

unfortunately none of those apply to me as

1. I do not use iCloud for document backup instead I store everything locally and use git, GitHub and NAS to backup

2. I have 1 tb drive with only 20% used and almost 80% free available space.