Your opinion please :-)

Hey guys, im working on a new website. i have 3 versions for desktop of the site. i would like to replace my existing page. my question is, what site do you like the most.

Version 1 with snap scroll and border

Version 2 no snap scoll, with border

Version 3 no snap scroll, no border left and right

The page is not finished, it is just a beta and a test. Thanks for your opinion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @RME

I personally like version 1 best, great job btw!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Ralf @RME

From the 3 versions - Version 1 is my favorite - however I wonder if it would perhaps be even nicer without the left and right borders…

MDS

2 Likes

how did you manage to get the boss at full height and responsive to height in version 1.
and how did you get the images to full width like in version 3
im struggling with a similar issue at the moment

hope you can share this with me

1 Like

Hi @RME,

I think like @MDS, option 1 is for me the best, but I would remove the sidebars and the circles of the page marker would be inside the photograph

1 Like

Version 1 from me too

1 Like

hey thanks. the snap scroll is cool. But it doesn’t work great on iPad. Because the content is too long. the fullscreen doesnt fit. hmm. :thinking:

1 Like

hey @Nyokhix this is very easy. Set the bloc to fullscreen and set a picture as background. Is that what you are asking for?

RME how about version 4? Full screen (no border) with snap scroll?

I like 1 the best.

Casey

1 Like

I tried snapscroll on a recent project, but it’s impossible to eliminate bloc names from the side that you don’t want, which rather damages the overall appearance. To avoid that you have to do a lot of messing around to avoid seeing bloc 7 or footer appear in the list. Is there a way to colour the text to something other than dark or light?

Another vote for version one with a slight caveat that snapscroll can feel a bit laggy on older computers. That almost feels like a magazine when you are flicking through.

im not sure with the fullscreen version because the dots disappear on the white background. black dots disappear on the dark background. it is not a 100% solution for me

I get that, never the perfect solution.

casey

1 Like

Nice design, I like #1

1 Like

yes!

but for some reason my pictures look like this

the background should actually fill the entire page

Hi @ Nyokhix

To assist you further it would actually be helpful to have a screenshot of Blocs when not in preview mode.

MDS

2 Likes

Nice Design…option 1 for me

1 Like

…just to confirm, the image is set for the Bloc background setting, not within an element in the Bloc, like a column?

So, if you have indeed selected the Bloc itself, and set the Bloc background in the right side bar with the Style to ‘Fill’ (and for good quality, be sure the picture is about 2400px wide in an image editor) then this is a strange behavior…

,38%20AM

2 Likes

Nice design, +1 for the 1st version

1 Like

I personally am not such a fan of the snap scroll. So I went firstly for example 3.
However, I do like the version 1 and I especially like the page circle indicators on the left stripe. I just would change the stripe colour to fit it less contrasty or pronounced to the other pages. I don’t like the white right stripe.

:+1:

1 Like

Hi @RME

Great work! I am not a big fan of snap scrolling, but I do like number 1, like most others here. Number 3 is also good!

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like