Auto expand drop down menus on mobile

I have a main menu with drop downs on desktop (in the main header) but when opening the mobile (hamburger) menu to full-screen, I want to auto expand the sub-menu dropdowns (and ideally remove the dropdown title) that are normally collapsed on desktop. Is this possible?

Basically I have a desktop dropdown sun-menu called ‘about’ on desktop that I just want to expand on mobile without showing the ‘about’ title.

The simplest option here would just be picking an entirely new menu for mobile.

Any help appreciated.

Alternatively, how can I set different menu items for mobile?

I’m now on V4 but still can’t figure this out.

Welcome back to the forum, @darren. I am sorry no one has replied to you over the last 2 days.

In my own case, I found Blocs’ Navigation too limiting, which led me to create my own navigation from the ground up. You can read through my journey in the following 4 threads (one thread even provided an example document in Blocs 3 format you can test):

Here’s an example page from one of my Blocs-made websites that show my megamenu:

If you shrink the width in the browser, you can see the burger menu. I basically had to create two different menus, one for LG and the other for mobile. I used visibility and code to hide and show them. It took me a long time to figure out because no one had done that before in Blocs. And I don’t know a lot of folks who do it the way I did because they seem content with Blocs’ built-in functionality. But as your site grows, a megamenu becomes more important, which is why I wanted one.

That’s brilliant. Thank you for your help. I’ll take a look.

It’s a shame there isn’t native support for this as I’m really not trying to do anything too complex. I could solve all of this with the ability to pick a different menu list for mobile.

Hey @darren,

Pretty sure you can achieve this using just the class manager. I am off out for most of the day now, but I will put something up later.

1 Like

Hey @darren

Does this answer your question? You will still have a bit of styling to do, because every site is styled differently and it depends on the drop down menu effect you are using. But it gives you the basics.

3 Likes

This is extremely helpful. Thank you.