Blocs 2023 - Feature Wishlist

Something in Extension manager, so you can easily find the items that needs te be updated… instead of scrolling in a way long list…

2 Likes

We now have Bloc mask, but one feature which is huge on others builders and one I wish Blocs would have is Masked Images if this is possible @Norm

A selection of say 15 different shapes like stripes, circles, blobs (3 or 4 blob shapes) but the BIG thing is being able to add your own masked image too.

Below are 2 shapes I would love to see as well as many others.

With so many amazing things in Blocs - just ways to enhance design quickly will be good to see.

6 Likes

That is indeed fantastic!!

1 Like

And off at a tangent with this idea - a way to add your own bloc divider shapes.

1 Like

Well there is a way, just not a tick box. You can use clip-paths with SVG or image masks. :thinking:

3 Likes

That’s super easy! :grin:

Download 30 (Yes, Thirty! :partying_face: :tada:) mask samples for free here:

Apply the following to your fancy image:

.my-fancy-mask {
	mask: url('https://path-to-my-fancy-mask/mask-1.svg') no-repeat center;
	-webkit-mask: url('https://path-to-my-fancy-mask/mask-1.svg') no-repeat center;
	mask-size: 50%;
    -webkit-mask-size: 50%;
}

Preview in a browser and you’re good to go!

Small Potato Ltd 08-05-2023 at 12.55

4 Likes

Moving left/right menu windows and project settings and page settings windows.
It would be easier to use if two pages could be displayed at the same time, edited, and moved between pages not only up and down, but also left and right. There is plenty of space in the menu bar, and I would like the OS to follow the double-click action of the menu bar.

Yeah I agree, I see Pete and Jerry have mentioned some ways and a link to masks, but this is massively used on nearly all major builders straight out of the tin.

My thinking of this is not just for Mac/desktop but when the iPad launch is out the biggest thing users will want is everything out of the box. The biggest thing for this was publishing inside of Blocs which is now done (still a little confusing across hosts) but if we can have as much as we can built into Blocs this will for sure attract new users.

I love a tick box !..so do millions of other users!
The structure is all built in Blocs…just needs it applying, if possible.

1 Like

My comment was more replying to @TrevReav because there is a way. So it’s not impossible.

But it does apply to both.

A Norm decision for sure, but it would seem the current UI is probably being pushed as more options get added.

Anyway until it’s implemented. Have a go at adding it manually. Good learning opportunity.

2 Likes

I agree ! already looking at ways of adding my own styles etc. Got 2hrs this morning playing around on Blocs before we head home.

I would like an option to copy specific settings within classes, so they can be applied to other classes for efficiency and consistency.

5 Likes

I would like an easy means to identify a bric version on the editing canvas, either by right clicking when selected or simply shown in the side panel. I would also suggest it would be helpful if developers identify current bric versions on the relevant pages of their websites.

Being able to place a picture, then crop to size within blocs.

A bit like Muse - and DTP apps, if you place a picture into a picture box, the box then behaves like a mask, so you can resize the picture within it so it crops edges etc., but the box dimensions remains the same.

This was a huge plus point in Muse for me.

2 Likes

I think if we introduce masking ( from my post above) then this can be done like this

Redo / Undo History List Dropdown

Hey, @Norm. It would be incredibly useful to have a feature that allows users to preselect their preferred fonts when starting a new project. This would ease the typesetting menu, displaying only the chosen fonts and eliminating the need for excessive scrolling. This feature would be particularly handy for those (like me :grin:) with a large number of installed fonts, or when the desired font begins with a lower alphabet letter.

9 Likes

+1

It’s been mentioned a few times before, I really like the idea.

2 Likes

In addition to that, with one click the possibility to completely remove hosted Google fonts from the project.

5 Likes

Or even just the option to resize the window to a deeper format to cut back on scrolling would be a start.

I would like to see a sort of configuration file that could be added or ideally created and saved as a Bric, that would contain all settings for typography (fonts, text sizes, etc.), buttons and var colours, that you could add to all new projects in one operation.

This would ideally act as the global project settings so that altering a setting in this Settings Bric would apply to all pages.