Blocs 2023 - Feature Wishlist

Green sock integration, I asked for it a while back. Blocs has come a long way and I’ve been happy to wait but at some point, frankly, GSAP must be integrated to be viable for web development…IMO.

1 Like

I meant to have the ability to set the background with an image + gradient in the background tab, might be easier for most users, instead of using pseudo elements.

Hey, @Norm. It would be awesome if the little notes pad inside Blocs could get some :heart:.

I’m using the notes feature a lot. However, as you can’t apply any styling/colours to it it becomes a mission to find information back.
Some basic styling (lists, bold, italic, underline etc), as well as an option to apply colour(s), would be welcomed.

3 Likes

How about a fully featured task manager, with Gantt chart :laughing:

Seriously though, good idea @Jerry . :wink:

1 Like

You’re hijacking my genius master’s idea! :joy: :brain:

1 Like

AI enabled marketing, client management, project development and anything else that comes to mind or suggested by the AI.

I would like the ability to move the order of bric/bloc favourites and create our own categories. For example, I could have a category for Volt or even set categories for specific developers.

At present we might install an indispensable new custom bric used on every project and want to favourite it, but it automatically goes to the back of the line. To move that up we need to unfavourite others first and the process is too ponderous.

2 Likes

I recently used to dabble with SVGs a lot and would love more space to edit the code. It’s pretty hard editing the SVG code inside that little window, when you need to implement a link and put all that in a template tag to make Obscure.js work :wink: Yes, I can use an extra code editor for that, but still… would love to do that inside Blocs if possible.

<template obscure="" data-p1="mail" data-p2="fynndesign.de">
  <a href="mailto:%1@%2">
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 16 16">
      <title>envelope-fill</title>
      <g fill="var(--swatch-var-orange-transparent)">
        <path d="M.05 3.555A2 2 0 0 1 2 2h12a2 2 0 0 1 1.95 1.555L8 8.414.05
          3.555 zMz4.697v7.104l5.803-3.558L0 4.697zM6.761 8.83l-6.57 4.027A2
          2 0 0 0 2 14h12a2 2 0 0 0 1.808-1.144l-6.57-4.027L8 9.586l-1.239-.75
          zm3.4 36-.586L16 11.801V4.697l-5.803 3.546z">
        </path>
      </g>
    </svg>
  </a>
</template>

Maybe something like what we have with the code widget. It opens a code editor window, that is really great to work with.

1 Like

I do have another one :slight_smile:

I’d love to have access to more subtle animations. Right now, when I make a header fade in from the left, it starts at the very left of the browser window. How about subtle variations of the animations, that just slide / fade in from near the original position?

I am currently testing Foundry 3 for Rapidweaver and I really prefer the offered subtle animations.

You can see them on my test site here. It even works on the footer, which does not (or not well) in Blocs. Plus, they even repeat when scrolling back up, which is kinda nice. In Blocs I find the animations when scrolling rather … clumsy. They’re not smooth at all.

Compared to the one on my Blocs site (setting a max width for a row or column, to reduce the range of the animations helps a bit, but still looks unnatural).

And @Norm, the “renegade” won’t abandon Blocs. I prefer the approach and the possibilities of Blocs over any other app any time :wink:

1 Like

Hi dear
I have many something to say;

• Border color gradient
  • Button icon = icon to change sides to the left side.
  • Change the icon drop-down in navigating.
  • Bric Responsive Card Slider
  • date picker

That’s now :relaxed:

Hey blocs-Arabic,

• Button icon = icon to change sides to the left side.

You can do this by creating a class for the button and under the typography section in the class, select the option RTL under the Direction section.

1 Like

SVG’s can be tiny like your SVG example or can be huge in size. It’s far better to always use an external code editor for that kind of work. Your example of adding a css var into a fill is a good example because many SVGs use that same fill definition in many places and often also use the same one for the stroke fill. In such a case you would need a full featured code editor to take advantage of the find and replace function.

Yeah, that’s what I do right now, but to test if it looks or behaves right I have then to copy it to the little are in blocs, preview, go back to VS Code if it needs adjustments or I have an error I overlooked, rinse and repeat.

And it wasn’t even just some css variable I needed to add to change the fill color. I like the way @norm added code editing for the custom code widget. Why not for the sag code editing too? I’m lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

@blocs-Arabic How about this?

https://blocs.store/product/date-picker/

1 Like

You are right :blush:

I get it :smiling_face: Thanks

1 Like

I’d love to have the ability to set the default Bloc paddings (20px, 50px, 100px etc.) separately for top and bottom. That’d come in very handy when using the handles that appear when pressing shift.

The ability to reset fonts in project settings (or return selection to inherited) has been mentioned a few times in the past. Could this be added to the wish list if it is not yet on it?

Forget that - I have just seen that it is possible

1 Like

Anyway to add when changing values for a numeric box, the values can be changed by moving your mouse cursor when selected left or right over the property description to change the value higher or lower. Some of the newer apps have this and sure beats typing. Thanks

I know we can rearrange the order of classes for each breakpoint, but would it be possible to enable that for the complete list too?