Blocs 4.1 New Features

Hey everyone,

I’m starting the planning for the new features coming in Blocs 4.1.0, I thought it would be a good idea to get the community involved. Rather than put out a post asking what you want, I’ve narrowed the choices down and put them into a little poll. I’ll be adding a few so I’m looking for the most popular ones.

So vote for the feature you most want in Blocs 4.1.0

• Payment Interactions (PayPal,Gumroad,Paddle, ect)
  • Ability to organise favourites in Bloc and Bric Bar.
  • Remove all unused project assets.
  • Rename layers in layer tree.
  • Prevent layout elements being exported

0 voters

12 Likes

I like the idea of the payment interaction and also removing unused project assets. We already have the ability to organise favourites in the brics and blocs bars to an extent but a more efficient procedure would be welcome.

11 Likes

Pure CSS Parallax would be a nice addition, look how they did it.

6 Likes

You can already do this with scrollFX and the new position CSS options. I did it on the new Blocs site.(store section)

15 Likes

… the ability to have more than 1 project opened at a time would be neat (to be able to compare & copy/paste between projects)…

11 Likes

This effect is so, so pretty!
@Eldar That would be a very nice tutorial… :grimacing:

8 Likes

I think @Eldar alreday has a template using the effect.

Need more info on Payment Interactions.

Are we talking api integration like choose your Gumroad product in Blocs. Simple embed code/button is provided by all these services. How would this integration improve that?

1 Like

hmm, but not with quite THIS effect with things „flying“ around…? @Eldar ?

I’m not sure what is possible yet. At the very least an easy way to add product buy buttons for various platforms.

Yeah, it’s a bit different, although it uses the similar technique! I will create something closer to what we have on Blocs website soon.

8 Likes

ahhhh :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you !

3 Likes

I voted for remove all unused assets. I have a lot of hosted images in a lot of groups in Asset Manager.
It would be great, to see, if or how many times an asset is used in a project(perhaps a new row in the second view mode, Asset Manager).
Removing a not used image from Asset Manager and(!!) also the hosted image from website would be a tremendous help!

In the mean time, sorting groups alphabetically, would be great!
Great improvements, btw, @Norm, Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, totally agree. Lots of business require payment service but remove all unused project assets is quite important in order to speed up the performance.

Removing unneeded attachments would certainly make it easier to understand and potentially troubleshoot any problems. Right now you can start on a new project and try out half a dozen custom brics that all leave attachments and it isn’t always obvious what they are related to.

2 Likes

I think when working with the Image asset manager with-in Blocs it would being very helpful to have more options like many of the major Apps do.
Sorting by name, size, type…
An easy way to know whether the image is horizontal or portrait.
More image zoom options like small, medium and large.
Project Folder we’ve made be the Default.

3 Likes

I would like to be able to create a custom profile so each new document you create has the same document options (language, framework, page type, assets behavior, ) and page settings switched on/off (fixed viewport, mobile zoom, scroll to top, global areas, etc)

2 Likes

So create one. It’s called a draft project and I start every new website that way and it saves hours.

3 Likes

I would love to have both Payment interactions and the ability to Remove all unused assets but if we cannot get both, I prefer to have Payment interactions in version 4.1.0 definitely.

1 Like

Its like duplicating a project just for save some styles. I think this could be a feature instead a tweak