Blocs V4 is almost here

@Norm is there any grace period for purchases within the last month or so? My son just bought blocs a few weeks ago. I thought he was going to wait as I knew blocs 4 would be soon, but he had a website he wanted to get started on.

Looking forward to Blocs 4…

Thanks

Yes, we will have more info tomorrow on that.

1 Like

Great news. Is there a time frame for when Blocs 4 will launch tomorrow?

Is an Upgrade from Blocks 2 possible and also discounted?

I, for one, am pleasantly surprised about the relatively low cost for the upgrade/ Pro package. Many thanks, @Norm. I’ll be upgrading tomorrow.

1 Like

I think the logic behind the price is also very fair. Blocs 4 with all these new features will be a big hit! Add Plus and you have a killer app!

@Norm thank you!

Casey

1 Like

Price is super fair! I am surprised too. I came from webflow :wink:

I’m afraid not.

Ok! So I’ll be a „new user“ very soon! Can’t wait!

3 Likes

@Norm
So this is not clear. What you are getting in Blocs Plus. If everything you have shown on the video is in blocs 4.

This is not clear. Can you be specific. Is Blocs plus just for Wordpress or contains something else.

Blocs plus: Wordpress themes, SEO helper, image editing within blocs and … reusable classes I think.

I’d imagine that alone the SEO helper will be worth Blocs Plus :slight_smile:

For sure I agree with that. Editing social media meta is really a pain in the ass to do manually.
I was not sure if it comes in regular or on the plus version. The email confused me a little bit :smiley:

So did i calculate right :smiley:
Upgrade 50$ on BF and plus version 50$

Thanks

Sounds great, exactly the price point I was hoping for. TBH, I haven’t really used Blocs until recently despite buying it months ago. However I bought it on sale so I reckon we’re about even! I’m happy to pay extra for the Plus features, and the price seems fixed (for now) so I can add this when I need it.

Absolutelly wicked promo video. I mean seriously top notch work, very well done. The pace, the voice over, just pure class. Was it done in house? Just superb. Would really like to know more on how it was done. As for the pricing, no brainer. The app upgrade is basically for a price of a theme in WP. Amazing work and much respect to all involved!

1 Like

I made the video. It’s made with after effects, premier and a few other apps.

Glad you like :+1:

11 Likes

Prepare for the buyout inquiries to get louder after Blocs 4. It looks like you can always have a promising career doing video and design on the beach afterwords. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But in all seriousness and jokes aside.

After the release Blocs Plus, will it continue to gain additional new features past whats currently included or will other new milestone features be branched into additional paid modules?

How will the pricing work going forward on Blocs Plus once the next major version of Blocs is released. Is it a onetime cost, or will there be an upgrade cost, or will it remain the same cost shown but required again with each major release?

2 Likes

Really? I started an After Effects motion design course and quickly realized that AE is NOT a minecraft for motion design artists :wink: You have talents!

1 Like

Right now the plan is to expand what is there during the main dev cycle of v4. So the image editor may get more functions, Wordpress, SEO helper etc.

Blocs Plus is a one time payment, per major version. So once we get to Blocs v5 you would need to pay for Plus again in Blocs 5, but it’s at that stage the plus feature roster would likely expand.

We are trying to keep Blocs in reach of those just starting out but also offering something extra for those who want it.

4 Likes

Sounds good, best wishes with the launch.

1 Like

So Blocs Plus has more cool features and cost $20 less than the v4 upgrade? Do fries come with that?!