Blocs v4 - wish list

OK it seems to take 2 seconds before the first tool tip description kicks in on hover. Successive ones are faster, as long as I waited long enough for the first one to appear. Having that description in the side panel will be very helpful.

1 Like

Yeah I think that delay is default across the entire OS.

It’s a great suggestion, that makes immediate sense and is of course very simple to implement hence the fact it’s been added within hours of being suggested.

I used it as an opportunity to show off a little on twitter :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@Norm

It would be very useful to be able to add or edit direct block code, currently blocsapp layout, but all my sites have to be customized or link a certain part of the site with a database or other kind of customization, a code window would be very agile to append or edit that code!

So in each export you would not have to customize the code! it would be wonderful

1 Like

Just a few:

1. Unordered & Ordered Lists within the Para bric with ability to change the icon style on the Ordered Lists.
  2. Simple Blog CMS
  3. Class Manager - Button to ‘Remove all unused Classes’.
  4. More features on Carousel including Ken Burns Effect.
7 Likes

Yes.
And right click on a certain class in the manger to show the items which uses this class.

10 Likes

A little update on the class state issue.

In Blocs 3.4 beta build 9 the class editors state value will automatically reset to normal when a new class is selected or the class editor is re-opened.

:pray:

11 Likes

Yes. I realize that perhaps we all should develop better muscle memory when it comes to doing this manually, but the amount of time and frustration wasted because this doesn’t happen automatically is pretty big.

1 Like

Sound like the code editor window.

Look under “Window” in the Blocs menu for “Code Editor”.

I am just working on a site with a parallax hero image. So this could be another idea (but even maybe for already a minor 3.x.x update:

As I can let an image have a parallax effect applied to, a video background doesn’t work. Maybe this could be somehow enabled in an update?

1 Like

It doesn’t work the same way, the code editor lets you place certain code, but how do you link a certain part of the page to a database if you can’t see the code? you would have to export it first and then customize it! I have tried to place it in the code editor, but some work and some do not. !!!

Oh I see, sounds interesting. I guess I’ve always just lived with it, but if it can be done, why not!

1 Like

Ability in text blocks to assign superscript and subscript for scientific notation.

• an intuitive way to organise pages (folders, colour coding, ability to re-order them)
• ability to also ‘exclude from export’ the assets that are contained within an excluded page
• some kind of CMS that allows other users to update site from a browser and then sync to the app
• bespoke video skins (colours, buttons) or a way to further tailor a YouTube/Vimeo video within the app
• more rollover options and lightbox options (play buttons etc)
• ability to add a background image to an entire page
• advanced tooltips (for example, adding targeted pop-up info to an interactive map)
• ability to add a subtle fade transition to rollovers and menus (e.g fading from one colour to another)

I’m loving all your updates so far though - no complaints here!

4 Likes

To have the “Scroll to target” function to choose also targets on other pages (in the current project/database) than the page currently edited, would be nice.

5 Likes

The ability to batch select multiple web fonts for import in the font manager. Adding one at a time is time consuming and fiddly. Font management needs an overhaul.

7 Likes

Hi @Norm,
A wider variety of Nav blocs would be appreciated!

1 Like

What is your expected behavior when talking about a “sync”?

2 Likes

@Jannis
users can easily and effectively update website from browser. keep it simple and straightforward.

2 Likes

After an ‘in-browser’ update has been made, the changes can be synced/updated to the Blocs app next time it’s opened. Similar to the way Muse used to work.

1 Like

Sounds error-prone to me. No one knows what will happen when changes are performed both in browser and with the web design app.

When using a CMS, you have to separate between design and content creation. Storing content in 2 different places will lead to errors.