Blocs V5 - discovered bugs so far

If you set the url in project settings that will sort this.

1 Like

That didn’t solve it for me.

that’s makes sense, I’ll give it a try

It didn’t work for me either. I have add-on domains defined on my web service and use a common SFTP domain in the Publish settings, along with the path to the add-on domain folder. The add-on domain has its own domain, which I have set up in the Blocs project settings. For me, the “View in Browser” button appears to be using the common domain in the Publish settings, not the Blocs project setting domain.

Not a big deal though. I really like “Changes Only” SFTP Publish. And so far, Blocs 5 working well for me too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey @Peter @pruthe @pumpkin Ive added a little tweak in 5.0.1 beta 2 that might help improve this. Im guna try and get it out today if possible to test over the weekend.

2 Likes

@Norm, It looks like I’m going to have to stay with blocks 4.5 x for now. There is a major problem with way too many images missing. This particular project has hundreds and it would be way too much work to get them all reconnected. It appears that anything that was in a group for example I would have three blocks in that group with images, then the images will not be appearing any longer.
I opened up the same project in 4.5 X and there are the images. :slight_smile:
I tried to make a bug report but it would not allow me to insert the three images. Not sure why but it’s kind of dumb.

You can see here in page view images do not appear.

Here are the missing images from the group/blocs.

@Norm, let me know if you would like the project files.

1 Like

Are these assets linked or embedded?

I dragged an image onto the canvas. Which appeared as it should on the bloc background. The image wasn’t showing in the asset manager until after I restarted blocs.

Just a question:
did we abandon some of the color swatches.
Mine looks like this now:
instead of this (in blocs 4):

I have had that happen to me as well…
Mine are embedded…

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

Not link to a Server, but are local. The Assets are embedded to the project.

1 Like

Blocs no longer users the system colour picker, the one in Blocs 5 is all custom. We are still working on expanding it. Which features are you referring too that you miss?

I use the colorwheel a lot. If possible a colorwheel like Affinity uses. For quick sketches I also like the pencils.

2 Likes

If possible, I would like a tranparency slider added to the Palette, so that you can select a colour and add a transparency to it, if you want without additional clicks to go to the RGBA panel.

2 Likes

This is basically the Hue HSB controls, which v5 has but laid out differently.

But lots more coming to colour management going forward.

3 Likes

I don’t know if you would call this a bug as such. Clients seem to be sending better thank you gifts since using Blocs 5, so worth the upgrade I would say.

11 Likes

I’m waiting for the Xmas gifts from everyone who bought Offcanvas Helper, please see above post for the set bar :joy::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Healthy lunch offered. Tickets :airplane: not included :grin:

5 Likes

@Norm In the “Custom Attributes” window, the divider disappears as soon as you enter information also in the “Select Editor” window. Maybe this has already been addressed or maybe that’s intentional, but it looks a bit strange.

Blocs v5.0.1

2 Likes

I’m finding that adding reCAPTCHA to a Form freezes and crashes Blocs 5.0.1

1 Like