Blocs V5 - discovered bugs so far

Bug seen here in video, I saw it the day of the tweet but wanted to see if it was in the v5 release. Updated today and confirmed it is in app. @Norm do you see it now? :wink:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1595363996449873920

I’m sorry this may be totally obvious but I don’t see it.

Edit. I see, it swatch label… well spotted :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Haha I tried to spot it too. Nice @Blocs_User

BTW Norm:

This doesn’t resolve all the issues with the Asset Panel.
I add a bunch of graphics and the screen reverts to a screen full of missing picks and becomes unresponsive for a time. After a few minutes, literally, it comes back up again. I have found it does scramble pics out of my categories, and does other weird stuff.
I am running a 2019 iMac Retina 5K 27" Mac, with an Intel core I9, and 40 GB of memory.
During this evening update, I ran out of memory only having Blocs 5 open and a couple of Safari pages…FYI. That was the first time that has ever happened on this Mac? Not sure if Blocs 5 was the culprit so FYI everyone.

Rich

Hey, @WeatherguyNH. Stay calm and have a cup of tea :teapot:.

There’s an issue with your project file and not with Blocs and we will need @Norm’s help to see if he can repair the file.

It’s Monday morning and I’ll need :rainbow: :fairy: :woman_fairy: :sparkling_heart: today! :grin:

Hi Jerry:

I am calm…just confused. Tough to try and understand what is new in Blocs, while dealing with issues just trying to keep my site up.
Of note: on this mornings laugh, images that were in particular locations on the site were scrambled? I had to go through the site and replace them with the proper images.
Not really much fun…

Seriously, thank you for the help!!!

Rich the Weather Guy

It’s a pleasure!
In the meantime get yourself around hosted assets. If you like it or not you’ve no other option. :slightly_smiling_face: Soon your Imac’s processors will be gone into smoke :fire: :fire_engine: :fire_extinguisher:

The memory issue seems to have calmed down quite a bit today.
“Hosted assets”
Not a web guy like you…not sure I completely understand the concept or the need?
Will have to look into that…

Rich the Weather Guy

Hi @WeatherguyNH,

Sorry you’re having these problems. I ran into some similar issues (although not exactly the same) with scrambled images on a couple projects a few days ago. I posted my experience earlier in this thread.

Is it possible to try to reopen your original Blocs 4 projects in Blocs 5 again and just save in a temp place without making any relinks of images, then reopen? This worked for me on my affected projects and everything looked fine after that.

If this doesn’t work, I also think best to seek Norm’s help when he’s able to provide it.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

pruthe

The need is to reduce your project file size from its current size to 1MB. We’ll get you there as it is not complicated at all. To keep it simple you’ll need to invest 50 bucks, more complicated is for free. :grin:

1 Like

Hey guys,

Firstly, loving blocs 5.
I do have a slight issue with the new FTP publishing.
On my server I have a folder /emailimages that stores the images used in my email signature. This is outside the blocs project. However, when I publish the site. It is deleting this folder. Please can we find a way to stop this?

Regards,

John

I’ve included a special feature in Repository Manager which allows you to have a folder of images located in your server, and with 2 clicks copy all file URLs to the included files in order to paste them into Blocs as remote assets.

2 Likes

Hey everyone who has commented in this thread, we are starting to prepare the first beta of Blocs 5.0.1 with the hope to release it later this week. Although we may not have directly replied to you, we know this thread exists and will work our way through it.

Lots of fixes and improvements on route.

9 Likes

Hi
During a couple of days exploring the app kept crashing. Always when clicking on a new action - new bloc or brick, new edit, new class…

On a iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) Catalina 10.15.7

Richard

Thanks Jannis…Still not clear “why” I would need to do this since I only use a small segment of my accumulated graphics on any particular day, but I will wait for word from my new mentor, Jerry, to enlighten me. :laughing:
Hey, could you finish your image bric? :shushing_face:

If you keep on adding assets to your project file (if you selected the option to embed them), the project file might get karret and larger until you’re not able to handle it any more.

:shushing_face: telling you a secret :zipper_mouth_face:: it’s already finished, but documentation and tutorial video isn’t ready by know :wink:

Finally…something that makes sense to me…Thank you

shushing_face: telling you a secret :zipper_mouth_face:: it’s already finished, but documentation and tutorial video isn’t ready by know :wink:

Need any help?

Rich the Weather Guy

Just upgraded to Blocs5 and I noticed 2 potential issues using macOS 10.15.7 on a stable system.

When I open Blocs5 and select any of the great looking templates, none of the images show in the any of the templates. Am I being silly and missing out a further stage?

Secondly, chosing a blank template opens a blank edit window OK. When I click the add a Bloc plus symbol, the Blocs show, but scrolling down to see the blocs, starts off very slow and soon becomed unmanagable. A first swipe of the mouse scroll takes about 1s for the first scroll to happen. After that, each scroll takes longer and longer. If I select a Bloc, then everything seems to settle down and the Blocs scroll is OK. I have restarted the Mac and the behaviour is the same.

I’m wondering if Blocs is busy doing something. Blocs 2, 3 & 4 were always OK on same system. On installation I chose not to embed images in document.

Hi,

I think the issue is with WEBP image support (lack of) by the system.

Thanks. So I guess there is no jpg/png fallback yet. I hope there will be.