FTP / Help

You can unzip the attachment and use that as your blank page, which is uploaded to the public_html folder. Then just upload complete exported site folders to the same place and everything is very simple.

index.html.zip (686 Bytes)

Ok, thank you Flashman!

ok, go to your public_html and create the following folder: preview.pdqlitho.com

Ok, I created it

now go to your subdomain page and in the document root in front of the preview.pdqlitho.com press the pencil and write the following: /public_html/preview.pdqlitho.com

Is there a period after .com?

If not, this is the path: /public_html/preview.pdqlitho.compreview.pdqlitho.com

do like this:

And press change…

Ok, sorry I read that wrong.

I made that change

Ok, now lets include what @flashman send us:

Go to the folder public_html → preview.pdqlitho.com and copy the content from the zip that @flashman send us for that folder.

ATENTION. inside the preview.pdqlitho.com folder.

Ok, got it

I think it’s still going under builditco site name

is your pdqlitho a Wordpress page?

No, it was done in Adobe Muse

I’m rebuilding it in Blocs

For the sake of a few dollars a year I’d simply register a domain with any name you like and upload that index.html file to the public_html folder. Upload client site folders to the same place and everything is super easy. It keeps everything away from your main site so you don’t mess things up and no need to mess around with subdomains. As a rule of thumb I try to avoid FTP before the third cup of coffee in the morning.

I think there’s an issue with the domain hierarchy though. When I add a new folder to the public_html, the url still has the builditco site in front of it. Somehow I need to get rid of that name when sending links to my clients. I’m not sure why that one is showing up first.

ok show me then the domain page please…

I’m not sure how to get there. I just have those 4-5 domains that showed up in the subdomain list

in cpanel you have subdomains place and domain place:

It’s getting late here and well past midnight, so I’ll have to leave you guys to sort it out. Obviously you’ll need to become more proficient with FTP but that will come with experience. A professional FTP client is a worthwhile investment.

Thanks so much for your help! I hate being a newbie but I know I’ll figure it out with help like yours and Paelco!

Thanks again