Minimalist Blocs Library for Blocs 5

@Eldar It’s amazing, well done!

2 Likes

Thanks, @Helen!

Great to see you creating great content too :clap:

2 Likes

I am checking everyday to see if @Eldar will release The Minimalist Bloc Library early. March 28th is 3 days away. I am trying to stay calm and patient, but it’s not easy. This is no doubt going to be one of the most anticipated tools for us all.

2 Likes

To be honest: I check in multiple times a day…
But… No pressure @Eldar!

1 Like

The first public beta will be available on March 28. But, it is still BETA and it will also require BETA version of Blocs app to test, so keep that in mind :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No problem. I will be glad to testdrive the beta and hopefully help you in every way I can. So I can finally do something back to one of the greatest contributors to this community!

1 Like

Hi, @Eldar. Very much looking forward to trying out minimalist UI via Blocsmaster membership. If there is both a production Blocs (5.0.7) and Beta 5.1 installed, do you think there will be any problems in 5.0.7 by installing Minimalist into the beta which I believe will also install it into the production version?

Together with Blocsmaster and Templates you are really on an amazing roll. Thank you

John

2 Likes

Just curious. Will these bricks already be opt for accessibility?

@Monark

Hello Mark,

In short, the answer is yes, particularly for the styled versions of the designs. However, there are limits to what I can accomplish. For example, I cannot fill in all the alt image tags without knowing which image will be used. Ultimately, the responsibility lies with the designer.

Best regards,
Eldar

2 Likes

@Mattheus, thank you! :+1:t2:

@JHasel, I appreciate your kind words! Based on my experience, there should not be any issues with version 5.0.7. However, please note that the library feature is not available in this version. As a result, you will see the custom blocs in the regular Bloc Bar, but they may not be as organized as in the Blocs 5.1 beta.

Thank you

Hey, a couple of (probably more technical :grin:) questions. Is this UIKit 3.x and local assets or CDN?

I am curious from an update perspective. I know this year, there was changes in the UIKIt that required changes to class names etc. What the process is for things like this? I understand this maybe one of those, cross the bridge when we get there questions!

I can definitely appreciate all the work / hours that have gone into assembling the blocs. Crazy!!

Hey Pete, currently this is simply a library of template and custom blocs that are installed locally and connected through the custom classes of the same project.

I can definitely appreciate all the work / hours that have gone into assembling the blocs. Crazy!!

The beta version that I will be releasing this week will have ‘only’ 900 sections, with additional hundreds to be released every month. Typically, I am not fond of projects that require so much time to put together a simple beta version, but this one is definitely worth it.

Oh really! I had assumed it was UIKit being used, as I thought I had seen ‘UIKit’ being mentioned earlier.

And yes… insane project for sure.

1 Like

Yeah, it was named ‘Minimalist UI Kit’ at first, since it is much more than just Custom Blocs Library, but then I have decided to call it ‘Minimalist Blocs Library’, because it will make more sense to Blocs users.

2 Likes

Ok, cool. Thanks for clarifying.

I too though the UI Kit was too close to UIKit and that might be potentially confusing. The name Minimalist seems a bit more confusing, because judging by the amount of work that has gone into this and all the features, it is the very opposite of Minimalist.

Maybe call it Maximalist.

3 Likes

@webdeersign :slight_smile: Thanks Gary, That’s funny!

Creating a simple and minimalist design is often more challenging and time-consuming. I named it “Minimalist” because the designs are not intrusive and easy to customize to give them a personal touch or custom brand feel.

Each section has three versions (standard, dark, and light), which triples the amount of work for me to manage. At one point during development, I wanted to offer only one unstyled version, giving designers the creative freedom to style it themselves. But later, I realized that most beta testers also liked the styled versions because they made the page assembly process quick and easy, while still being simple and easy to customize. Even I used mostly styled versions when I put together a landing page for this product over the weekend.

1 Like

That was a genius move. Nearly every good site is built with 3 variations and being able to cherry pick the versions and try them out has really created something new.

1 Like

chaning styles

This is actually totally accidental, but I like how all blocs thumbnails stay at the same exact place and just switch style when I switch the libraries, making it so easy to mix different styles.

7 Likes
  • Coffee :white_check_mark:
  • Fresh restarted MBP (for optimum speed) :white_check_mark:
  • Refreshing this page multiple times :white_check_mark:
  • patience :x: (oh dear)
  • but no pressure on Eldar… :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
2 Likes