Remove bloc-lg (and other bloc-) class(es)

Hello - I am just reviewing the default Exampla Theme that comes with Blocs (WP Extension), after purchasing Blocs (not yet sure if it fits my needs)

I saw in the source that several bloc- classes are added.

How can I quickly remove these? I would like a pure BS4 class management and no tertiary classes in the produced code.

I found only this thread Responsiveness problem but that actually does not end up showing how we can remove these classes.

I already figured out that the HTML comments and IDs can be changed (so for example from bloc-0 to my-div, etc) but couldnā€™t yet figure out how to remove the bloc-lg and other such Classes

Any hint appreciated :slight_smile:

Can you name a few of these classes? I want to determine if theyā€™re in use and what for.

Blocs has features I think to remove unused classes. Iā€™m not sure if this is only for classes added manually by the user. But again we need to make sure these classes arenā€™t needed.

If the classes arenā€™t needed then you can certainly make a request to have them removed if itā€™s possible. Itā€™s not really a Bug. but you might want to get official support so you know whatā€™s possible or not.

Hope this helps.

@Whittfield

For example page-loading-blocs-notification, bloc, bloc-lg, bloc-no-padding-lg and so on and forth.
Also, there are custom HTML elements such as blocsnav, and so on.

For example the simple Exampla theme that comes with the app will already show a lot such classes and elements but I also see this in full scratch fresh projects.

Iā€™ll check what this feature ā€œremove linksā€ or clean links or how it is called does - I have seen it as well during first look.

Would really be cool if we would get pure clean BS4 HTML and no custom classes, elements and such from the app itself.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum and Blocs @smileBeda.

You would only be able to manually remove those after export via a code editor. There is no current way to do so or change names for output via he app itself. When removing them you would need to rework things yourself to keep any functionality which they provide.

1 Like

I see, thanks @Blocs_User

I think this might be a dealbreaker but Iā€™ll see how much work would be required to rewrite the functionality and remove the elements and classes

If itā€™s reasonable it still could make sense to use the app as a ā€œdrafting toolā€

Thanksā€¦

Iā€™ve been reading some of your posts and frustrations. Some of which may just be attributed to you not quite yet understanding certain Blocs features, settings and workflow of using a new app. With others it seems more relative to advanced expectations and that you are finding certain frustrations and limitations.

I think you will definitely find use in Blocs for sure. Though you may also get milage out of other tools like Bootstrap Studio or Pinegrow. Iā€™m not adverting those apps over Blocs, each has their advantages and benefits. Based upon some of your posts / comments they might also prove beneficial as part of your overall workflow and desire for visual tooling.

2 Likes

Hi @smileBeda, Thanks for indulging me.

Looking at the classes mentioned, you are correct that youā€™d need to rewrite those features. If you canā€™t have any other classes I donā€™t see a work around for that.

I really do want to help, but I think what you are asking might be impossible if not simply impractical for Blocs.

Itā€™s worth noting that Norm has done a great job of keeping the Blocs output minimal and clean. His bar is actually pretty high in comparisons. Building a GUI means some additional classes 99% of the time to be honest. The ones that donā€™t have that are simple drag and drop without most of Blocs capabilities.

Iā€™m hard pressed to think of any projects Iā€™ve worked on professionally that have such a requirement, thatā€™s probably gonna matter in the end. If you really are within that percent that needs this, youā€™re going to find itā€™s tough to get what Blocs offers and meet that restriction to be honest.

Hope this helps and I hope you find the best fit!

3 Likes

@smileBeda Like others have mentioned, youā€™ll need to do this after export with a code editor. It doesnā€™t take much time and ā€˜find and replaceā€™ comes in very handy here.

Iā€™ve used BSS, Pinegrow and Pingendo and Blocs does output the cleanest code. BSS, for example, outputs a ton of inline elementsā€¦fun!

Keep working and growing with it and learning it. Having become a recent user myself, I can definitely understand the frustration, but it is definitely a tool worth learning.

This community forum and itā€™s many talented folks are never at a loss to help out. You canā€™t put a price on that. :wink:

Good luck!

3 Likes

Looking at Pingendo it may be abandonware?

I believe both BSS & PInegrow directly resist having you assign a class before using their visual CSS tools. So thats where any inline CSS comes from if a user does not then use the proper features to prevent its presence. Neither app forces or requires you to leave the styles inline. I honestly donā€™t know why either BSS and Pinegrow donā€™t approach that aspect a bit differently as they certainly could.

With Blocs Class Editor you canā€™t really progress without first providing / assigning a class. But likewise certain limitations regarding editing source are present. Blocs sticks to its intentions to ensure its workflow ideal.

2 Likes

Agreed with everyone here, and thanks a lot for all your inputs and sorry the later reply, the forum does not let me reply more than one post each 24 hours or something like thatā€¦

Thatā€™s probably because youā€™re a new user. While I do not remember that when I was new, Iā€˜m sure itā€˜ll be gone after a certain time or number of post.

@smileBeda There was also this other recent relative thread on the topic.

1 Like