New Bric: Tab Anything

I need 7…for days of the week on my weather site.
SEVEN!

OK, time is passing by and as @Whittfield has just released a nice Bric, Cadence, which required a Bootstrap 5 project, I’m bumping my question:

Is Tab Anything Pro 1.6 compatible with Bootstrap 5 ?

Thank you.

Yes, it is.

1 Like

So I migrated the website to BS5 here.
Unfortunately, Tab Anything Pro does not work anymore.
I checked that tabs and links are consistent, nothing changed from the BS4 version.
The other thing which is not working is the modal which display on page load. It is just a script in the page setting and I tried to remove it but Tab Anything still don’t work.
Something to do with Custom Attributes ?
Would it be possible to get support from @Whittfield ?
The BS4 version is still on production here to compare.
Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Not really.
When you migrate an existing project it doesn’t work.
You have to rebuild the part with Tab Anything Pro.
Also a video sound doesn’t stop anymore when you change the tab.

Ouch :scream: This means a lot of work with 22 tabs.
I rather stick on BS4 and forget about using the new Cadence Bric to manage modals.

Maybe an update is on the tubes.
Thanks.

Hi Stephane, Please try including Jquery in your project. This was an option in a recent Blocs release that ensure it’s being included. I believe it’s in the Project Settings.

Hi Whittfield,
can you please explain what that means?
I have absolutely no idea. Maybe I do something wrong.

Sounds like you don’t need this @Bootsie. I just noticed Jquery didn’t load in that project this ensures that it will.

Tried that. Checked that jQuery is added but no change. Still not working.

Jquery is still not loading in that project. It had to be loading at some point, somehow it’s not doing so and not responding to the “back up” solution of checking it box manually. That’s has to be glitch in Blocs and probably specific to that project or other would surely have found it.

No worries though, just report it as a bug so that Norm can address it properly. He’s really good about these type of catches.

Meantime, just make sure you’re not working on your production website always make a copy. Try your solutions then take them to production.

For me when little things like this happen in Blocs, it’s usually solved by one of the easy solutions like restarting Blocs, or rebuilding a specific Bloc in the project etc. For this particular bug I think were going to need Norm to have a look. Make sure you give him all the info he needs to help.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that the jQuery file was exported in the js folder but not added in the source code of the page. I closed everything, restarted Blocs, the checkbox to add jQuery was unchecked (why?). Anyway, I checked it again, re-exported the project and this time it worked :sweat_smile:

A mystery, not the first, not the last!

So now I can try with Cadence Bric :wink:
Thanks @Whittfield

1 Like

I had a bet with myself privately that this would be the case. :joy:

Thanks for taking the proper perspective and trusting my input!

1 Like

Thanks.
The bug I have to submit to @Norm is that the Include jQuery checkbox in Project Settings get unchecked without notice. I reproduced that today. Maybe it is after editing a page.

1 Like

Hi just got the pro version, and wanted to ask can you share a demo for download
so we can see from within how it’s done?

thanks

I haven’t actually used this bric yet, so I have nothing to show at present, though I definitely plan to experiment with it before long.

The idea is the same but you can make any link or button control as the navigation, not just the button group you are familiar with.

I will make a basic demo file to include with download.

Got the Bric and very impressed also makes the web page better to navigate, has issues with the image movement in all the tabs but the first tab. It also could have issues with scale for mobile and tablets, causes low score / speed on pages too.

The bric doesn’t handle the images at all. It’s completely left to you and Blocs. All the responsiveness .etc. is worked out by you using Blocs.

There are demo’s on my. site that show what can be accomplished.

Also there is no doubt that depending on the amount of content you have in tabs may effect your page score as it would with any tabs. But there is nothing inherently changing your score simply by adding Tab Anything.

I seem to be having some issues with Tab Anything. As soon as I’m done customising it, it just disappears and forgets all its settings and I can’t add any new tabs.

gif Tab Anything empty

Anyone else had this issue?

Blocs Plus / Bootstrap 5 / v1.6.1