New Bric: Tab Anything

More time now I can focus on the website using Tab Anything Pro with the solution you provided. I’d like to use a navbar on smaller breakpoints. Did the same config as yours for menu list items: toggle visibility, custom attributes tab-link and tab-group. But can’t make it work as you can see Here.
By the way, is something broken in TAPro after 4.3 update ? Can’t see anymore group index.

As an alternative for smaller breakpoints, my other idea was just to make Tab Anything Pro only visible on SM and XS and enable mobile in parameters. But nothing display as you can see here

@Whittfield would that be an option ?

Are you using bootstrap 4? maybe you should stay over 4.2

Yes, Bootstrap 4.
@Whittfield advised to stick to it until Tab Anything Pro get updated.
Maybe I should try to revert to Blocs 4.2.

I’m using TA Pro with BS4 and Blocs 4.3 with no problems

Hi everbody…
In this thread:

I ask some question about the mega menu. Then the idea was to use tab anything for that.
But I don´t find a good solution …
Anybody use tab anything for a mega menu ?!?
tom :blush:

It works for one instance but cannot make it work on a second instance (links from a navbar menu), nor with dynamic loading as reported above.

I have gone back to 4.1.1 (pre BS5 mention!) for some of my builds that I Card Designer/Tab Anything and require smooth scroll to target.

I have not used BS5 yet, but even with BS4 on 4.2 I had issues with Card Designer, so not sure if Tab Anything will have the same problems.

I found 4.1.1 is perfect for me for using the amazing brics from @Whittfield

Card designer does not work fully on 4.2 for me even in BS4 - but I know he is working on a BS5 version and that will be the way to go once its out and i guess Tab Anything will follow in this path.

I found his live stream really informative and he presented it really well, looking forward to the next one.

I did revert to Blocs 4.2.2 and it is more stable (sent a bug report for 4.3.1).

For my needs, I followed @chicuelo very good suggestion to use an accordion and links managed through an invisible instance of Tab Anything Pro. For small breakpoints, I decided to make TAP visible (only one list of links, no groups) on small breakpoints and it works smoothly.

You can see the dev site here.

I still have some styling issues with TAP related to the mobile menu:

• Cannot target the class to have the menu label aligned left.
  • The hover color on links and active link does not work.
  • The mobile menu width has left/right padding which I would like to remove to make it same width as the content bloc.

Maybe @Whittfield has some tips ? :pray:

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Whittfield - hope you are well, as @svimic has posted: just a quick message to see if you have a projected possible date of when the updated versions of Tab Anything / Card Designer for the latest version of Blocs (Bootstrap 4 and 5) will be updated?

I am running an older version of Blocs still when using your brilliant brics, but do not want to miss out on all the new features @Norm is working on.

Looking forward to another possible live stream - enjoyed your last one.

2 Likes

I need 7…for days of the week on my weather site.
SEVEN!

OK, time is passing by and as @Whittfield has just released a nice Bric, Cadence, which required a Bootstrap 5 project, I’m bumping my question:

Is Tab Anything Pro 1.6 compatible with Bootstrap 5 ?

Thank you.

Yes, it is.

1 Like

So I migrated the website to BS5 here.
Unfortunately, Tab Anything Pro does not work anymore.
I checked that tabs and links are consistent, nothing changed from the BS4 version.
The other thing which is not working is the modal which display on page load. It is just a script in the page setting and I tried to remove it but Tab Anything still don’t work.
Something to do with Custom Attributes ?
Would it be possible to get support from @Whittfield ?
The BS4 version is still on production here to compare.
Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Not really.
When you migrate an existing project it doesn’t work.
You have to rebuild the part with Tab Anything Pro.
Also a video sound doesn’t stop anymore when you change the tab.

Ouch :scream: This means a lot of work with 22 tabs.
I rather stick on BS4 and forget about using the new Cadence Bric to manage modals.

Maybe an update is on the tubes.
Thanks.

Hi Stephane, Please try including Jquery in your project. This was an option in a recent Blocs release that ensure it’s being included. I believe it’s in the Project Settings.

Hi Whittfield,
can you please explain what that means?
I have absolutely no idea. Maybe I do something wrong.

Sounds like you don’t need this @Bootsie. I just noticed Jquery didn’t load in that project this ensures that it will.

Tried that. Checked that jQuery is added but no change. Still not working.